Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Anawim Christian Community is a community church made up of the homeless and the mentally ill. Our main goal is to provide for people's needs (including the need to be a disciple of Jesus) where they are at. We don't feel that a person needs to be something different before they get the help they need. Our center is in Gresham OR, which is where we lead and organize day shelters and a worship service. We also have a community house in N. Portland where housing is being provided for a few people and opportunities for community worship. We are connected to ministries in SE Portland and St. Johns, where we distribute food and clothing. And finally, through the internet, we educate people from almost every country in the world about homelessness, mental illness and the Christian response to each.

AnawimCC.org

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Overnight Shelter Volunteer Training LAST CHANCE!



This week there is training for those wanting to assist in overnight warming shelters.  


This training is led by the City of Gresham, and it is preparation for warming centers held at Anawim Christian Community, First Baptist of Gresham and St, Henry's Catholic Church.  These shelters are church led and staffed by volunteers from local churches.  


The last opportunity of training for this winter is Thursday, January 26 from 6 to 8:30pm.  It will be held at Anawim, 19626 NE Glisan, Gresham. 


 If you have any further questions, please contact Steve Kimes at 503-888-4453

1 comment:

  1. its a wonderful thing to see people who are sincere helping one another. everyone needs however hope for things to come. I would love to show reference to bible text that bring some hope to all who want to get to know god and his purpose for mankind, please May i share the scriptures:
    Psalms 37:9,10,11,29. talks about peace on earth forever, and the earth will remain forever but bad people will be destroyed.Do you want to be freed from oppression?
    Daniel 22:44 Says it's God Kingdom that will destroy all the wicked Governments on this earth that have cause people much suffering.Has history shown that man has dominated man to his injury, what do you think? We need a perfect government with a king who understands our feelings do we not?
    Isaiah 65:21,22 talks about god's plan for those who survive Armageddon. Righteous people will be building their own homes and planting their own vineyard and no one will take this away from them. For anyone who loves gardening, can you imagine the huge tomatoes you could grow and all the food you could eat. And what about HOMES. No one will take our homes away. It is a gift from God that we will be able to work hard and see good results for our efforts, No homeless shelters, no tents to freeze in at night, or living in fear of someone robbing what little that you have.
    Isaiah 11:9 says no one will be harmed nor will anyone harm each other.
    Revelation 21:3,4 says there will be no more pain or tears, or Death. Imagine living forever in perfect health, no diseases like Aids, or Cancer. god promises to eliminate this forever.

    Psalms34:18 was the second Scripture that I ever read in the bible that says " God is close to those who are broken at heart, and those who are crushed in spirit he saves" There was a time in my life i wanted to take my own life after my parents died. I had no family and I prayed "Oh God I don't want to live anymore, Please I don't know what to do anymore. Then 15 minutes later I received a knock at my door and a woman read these Scriptures to me and gave me hope. I felt there has to be more to life than this, and there is. Have you ever felt like giving up in life, well please don't.
    The bible says God see the heart, but man judges us by outward appearance. God doesn't care if you have huge bank account, nor if you had a university degree.What is important is that we listen to him and be obedient and love our neighbor as our self. that is not merely through words but through actions.

    The first scripture I ever read in the bible was brought to me when I was 12 years old and that was in PSALMS 83:18 and then again for the second time after my parents died when I was 21. (that woman at my door) In fact it is why I am were I am now.
    I have hope for a future set out in God's plan for those who want to be there on this earth with Christ as our ruler, The scripture in psalms 83:18 was originally in the bible close to 7,000 times and yet it was removed and replaced with a title. the bible says it's wrong to add or take away. You can find it in the old king James bible. I however read a more accurate printing of the holly scriptures found in the NEW WORLD TRANSLATION OF THE HOLY SCRIPTURES.That name is not removed in that bible.
    Please take the time and see for yourself a hope we all can have for a better future and thank you as it makes my heart rejoice that I can share this hope for those who need it. I too was homeless at one time but now I have a home,as well as a purpose for living.

    ReplyDelete